Useful Information

City of Edinburgh Council 

Home page of their website

Road Disruptions  - locations and dates for roadworks and traffic disruptions 

Consultation Hub - topics being considered for Edinburgh which you may wish to comment on 

Reporting illegally parked vehicles information on what constitutes an illegally parked vehicle & how to report it.

Report things - on-line service to report problems or making comments or suggestions. Can also be done by phone to CLARENCE - 0800 232323

Report Graffiti and Damage - information we have pulled together to let you know who to report it to.

Paying for a Care Home - information about care home charges and paying for them

Local and National Government Contacts :

Neighbouring Community Councils :

Longstone     Hutchison Chesser     Morningside    Merchiston     Firrhill    

Colinton and also the Colinton Amenity Association

South West Neighbourhood Partnership - local news, plans, events, meetings, available grants etc for the South West area of Edinburgh 

Police Scotland

Contact our Police Scotland Community Team email

Sign up to Neighbourhood Watch Alerts 

Local Police News on Twitter

Police surgery is held on the last Thursday of the month at 2pm Fountainbridge Library

Report an on-going incident or incident requiring police response phone 101 or 999 if an emergency.

Ad Hoc

How to check if a car is taxed - you will need the car registration number

Items being dropped from bins while being emptied – we have been assured that the bin workers are responsible for picking up items dropped when they are emptying bins and that they have the necessary tools for this in the bin lorries 

Trees & bushes overhanging pavements & roads - guidance on how far back they should be cut. 

Lothian Buses website